Thread: Time to disband this England team by Lord Kitchener

likes big black cock
    I don't like black cock that's some cunt trying to be clever
    Blog Entries

Default Article: Time to disband this England team by Lord Kitchener

Cant disagree....

I would have pulled the fucking lot of them after the first game and put the B team on..

A friend of mine (not a Millwall supporter) said they should have put out the Millwall side that won the play offs because they demonstrated a will to win. No doubt Capello made mistakes but I believe he will learn from them. The first thing he must learn is that the 'golden generation' are not what they were hyped up to be and have come to the end of their international careers. Capello must start to bring through a crop of younger players and plan not for the Euros but the next World Cup. In my view, of the current squad, these players should be ditched:
    Gerrard, Terry, G Johnson (the right age but not a good enough defender), Crouch, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Lampard, King, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Heskey. Few of them have shown the desire to win at this World Cup and all of them will be well over 30 by the next one (surprisingly, Lampard and Ferdinand are already 32 and Upson is 31!). Although he did well David James will also be 40 by the Euros.
    These ones should be kept:
    Hart, Green, Robinson (the goalkeeper!), Dawson, Lennon, Carrick, Defoe, Rooney
    These should be added:
    Agbonlahor, Adam Johnson, Baines, Downing, Walcott, Huddlestone, Gary Cahill, Shawcross, Welbeck, Bent, Lescott

In England, we have a Premier League in which only a handful of clubs have a chance of finishing as Champions. These clubs are businesses which are foreign owned and managed. The Managers need to be successful and usually, do not have time to plan for the long term. They buy in players, often from abroad, rather than developing local talent, after all, they will probably not be around to reap the harvest.
    The Premier league is touted in the press as the best league in the world. The press helps to promote football and keep it popular. The Sun and Times are foreign owned. The ratings war means that what the Sun does, the other tabloids follow.
    Popularity of the Premier League encourages customers to buy match day tickets, but more importantly, they subscribe to Sky and watch the best league in the world, or go to the and pub to watch the football being shown on a big screen. Sky money helps to fund the Premier league. Sky is also foreign owned and foreign managed.
    Football in England is dominated by the Premier League. The Premier League is dominated by money. The money and related debt is largely controlled by foreign companies. Why should they give a stuff about the English national team? Where is the profit for them?
    For them The Champions League is the high point, not the World Cup or the European Championships.
    In Germany , the clubs are still clubs rooted in the community. Owned by the members and not American,Thai, Russian or Middle eastern rich men.
    We have a system which benefits only the companies at the top of the Premier League, the media that feeds off of them. The newspapers that inflate our expectations and is only interested in circulation figures.
    Last edited by gilchrist; 07-07-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammer

All this and more are good comments. The only thing to say is the sooner the restrictions on foreign imports comes in the better. I would not allow a team to have more than 5 in a squad. There should be socfcer schools up and down the country and it should be free.
    I would also try and stop the import for foreign managers, as being Italian or Spanish or whatever does not make you a good manager. I know there are some exceptions but IMHO England, especially, should be managed by an Englishman

A rule preventing foriegn players dominating teams would be good but what we also need is a rule saying that at least three of the team must be English and under 21. That way, younger players will get experience, as they do in Germany and Spain