Thread: Article: Itís the same, old song ... ten years on, The Archbishop considers the impact and legacy of the May 2nd 2002 trouble

I seem to be a bok

Default Article: Itís the same, old song ... ten years on, The Archbishop considers the impa

TRAITOR

Q - "So what was decided at the meeting? We had a brief discussion about the cost situation, but the important thing that we had to deal with was the atrocious events of last Thursday where so many police officers were injured. And it's violence that can't be tolerated. It's set the club back five years but has also done huge damage to our local community.Q - And you accept full responsibility for that? I think that what I said is that I accept full moral responsibility. Obviously we can't as a football club manage what goes on outside the ground that's for the police to deal with. But that doesn't detract from the fact that so many police men actually got injured, and there is a full investigation going on at the moment.Q - So what does this mean for the club ? More costs I assume for things like CCTV? To be honest with you I think that is the least of our problems. The more important thing is obviously our community and we can't really afford for those sort of disgraceful events to happen again. And one of the things that was proposed to us through the Metropolitan Police was our stadium safety certificate, and the fact that maybe we shouldn't be allowed to have fans traveling to home and away. Which obviously would hit our pockets quite considerably and would really upset many of our fans. But unfortunately after the horrendous events of last Thursday I don't believe we have any other option.Q - So you're talking about banning Millwall fans from traveling to away games? Away supporters actually visiting the Den and for our supporters visiting away grounds. That's the proposal at the moment from the police and that's something that we've got to go away and think about. But obviously that's unprecedented in football and would be a big knock back for all the hard work that's been done over the last five years."

Not a mention of the three baton charges by the police into the crowd who were walking home, that turned a minor off into a full scale riot (with some justification considering the hostility of the filth and the woman and kids who were frighted by the needless baton charges) thank fuck the greek c**t has gone.